Re: More on Pete smashing his guitar/amp

On Mon,  6 Apr 1998 21:49:12, -0500 THRH79B@prodigy.com ( K D GILES I)
wrote:

>Minor correction, for anyone trying to keep track of Pete's
>biographical information - Pete lived with his maternal grandmother
>when he was a very little boy, more like 4 than 14.  That same
>grandmother moved in with the Townshend family when Pete was a teen
>to help Pete's mum take care of her new babies, Paul and Simon.  It
>was during this period that Pete allegedly threw a guitar, or an amp,
>or whatever piece of musical equipment he decides it was next, at
>Granny.

Here's what I've been able to find out about the chronology:

Pete supposedly received the cheap guitar from his Granny on Christmas
Day of 1956.  He didn't join with John and his group The Confederates
until 1959 around the time he turned 14.  I imagine the whole ugly
incident happened around then.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]