Re: The Who on VH1 and lies

On Sat,  4 Apr 1998 18:44:45, -0500 THRH79B@prodigy.com ( K D GILES I)
writes:

>Then you must not have read the interview with Pete from Guitar
>magazine (August 1996, with Pete on the cover) where he tells the
>story of how he threw his amp at his grandmother:
>
>"One day, I was about 14, John and I were sitting playing something
>together in the front room, not very loud, and she [Pete's
>grandmother] came in and said 'Turn that bloody awful row down.'  And
>I said, 'Get out now, or I'm going to kill you, you fucking old bag.'
> She yelled, 'How dare you talk to me like that!'  So I picked up my
>amplifier and threw it at her.  She ran to the other side of the door,
> and the amplifier landed there in a big heap and it fizzled and went
>off.  And I'd just bought it."

Thanks, hadn't heard that one.

>So if anyone is lying it's not VH1, it's Pete. :)

It wouldn't be the first time.  I've heard Pete on the radio in 1993
saying she said the above and he smashed the cheap guitar she had given
him.  The person to ask, of course, would be John.  If anyone sees him,
ask.  Be sure to speak up.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]