The Who on VH1 and lies

I happened to be watching VH1 with my roommates before heading out to
class yesterday, they had a top ten thing on of the the greatest or
legends of rock or something like that. Of course right before I was to
head out the door I heard the name Pete Townshend and took a few steps
back in and sat down to watch for a few minutes. The announcer told a
story about Pete and John saving up for a bass amp and when Pete's
grandmother didn;t like the noise, the announcer said that he threw it
down the stairs at her. Well from what I have read and heard this is
incorrect. From what I heard when she yelled at him he smashed his
guitar over it, that was the first guitar he ever smashed. Did anyone
else see this? and I right in my story? I will be pleased to get any
information that you can give me.

Emmee

      homepage: http://www.angelfire.com/ny/doctorjimmy
      e-mail: doctorjimmy@hotmail.com