Re: guitar and your pen

Hello!  I am new to this list and thrilled to be here.  I was starting to
feel really alone as a Who nut out here in the land of country and western.
 Thank God for the internet.

Anyway, I often fantasize (daily?!?) about the same thing Judsy wrote.  If
we all could somehow write to and convince the members to get back together
just for a few new albums and tours.  There are a lot of us fans who
weren't even alive when The Who really toured.  Crazy idea, but hey,
wouldn't it be worth it?

Thanks for Pete's address.  Do you also have Roger's?  John's?  If we got
the idea planted in each of their heads......

Keri

- ----------

Http://www.earthlink.net/~thesonics/

> >Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 04:55:38 PDT
> >From: "Lucas Bleicher" <bleicher@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: Thewho.com
> >
> >Gary L wrote:
> >>Forget about thewho.com - it's *never* going to return.........
> >
> >Why?
>
> The organizer was trying to get it operating as an official site,
including
> selling tour merchandise, sanctioned by Trinifold, in time for the
> beginning of the US '97 tour (mid-July) with very little lead time.
There
> just wasn't time to get all the companies involved in merchandising and
> management to agree on arrangements, plus put up a good site with
> non-commercial Who material, by the time the tour started.  I don't think
> it's impossible that something under the name thewho.com might eventually
> appear, but not in the form originally envisioned, or even necessarily
with
> the same people involved.  For one thing, marketing Who merchandise on
the
> Web apparently is not a step Trinifold is  willing to take without a lot
of
> thought.
>
> >Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 11:15:56 -0400 (EDT)
> >From: DTABNER@aol.com
> >Subject: Who/Stones
> >
> >When they toured with Voodoo Lounge my wife wanted to go.  I agreed,
mainly
> >just so I could say I saw the Stones.  Even though I walked into the
stadium
> >feeling very cynical, they blew me away.  I discovered in one night what
I'd
> >been missing for the last 15 years.
>
> I knew what I'd been missing, 'cos I saw them in '75, but I saw Voodoo
'94
> and had a great time, even though my seat was for shit.
>
> > At a time when Hanson and the Spice Girls
> >are tearing up the charts, I think that fans of the Who and the Stones
should
> >be closing the ranks and banding together rather than snipe at each
other

> Imagine my amazement when I found out that the song I'd been hearing (and
> liking) on the radio was Hanson's MMBop!  Um..perhaps we could all band
> together against...mm...uh...the Great Satan Michael Bolton?
>

> >Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:29:30 -0500
> >From: Cheryl <otter@execpc.com>
> >
> >...while I was staying at my sister-in-law's cattle ranch in Oregon week
> >before last, I read a newspaper article about "The Devil Glitch", a
> >69-minute song written by Chris Butler.  It takes up an entire CD with
> >more than 500 verses, one of which runs as follows:
> >
> >"Sometimes you can fix something by just playing pinball/Though 'Tommy'
> >is such a stupid album..."
> >
> >Has anyone heard this yet?
>
> Can't say I have, or would be particularly interested to, either, after
> this initial report.  People who take potshots at Pete/The Who in songs
go
> quickly to a special rung of my shitlist.  That's how John ("Perfectly
Good
> Guitar") Hiatt got there.
>
> Alan
>
> "The Rolling Stones are the Microsoft of rock." --James Sethian

> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 01:37:27 -0400 (EDT)
> From: EFISHER538@aol.com
> Subject: Simon Towshend in Annapolis
>
> Hi All,
>
>      I am pleased to say that last Saturday I got a chance to see Simon(&
> Ben) Towshend at the Sam Goody CD store in Annapolis, MD.  Simon & Ben
did
> about 20 minutes of solo acoustic numbers from their album "Among Us".
It