Re: Pete's playing on The Secret Policeman's Ball album

In article <2.2.32.19970922174701.0070f8d4@popserv.ucop.edu> ,
    Beau McCrury <Beau.McCrury@ucop.edu>  writes:
> I wanted to relisten to this LP before I responded.  John Williams
> doesn't play along with Pete at all.  The album has several cuts of
> Pete and one of John doing an excerpt of a Bach suite.  Pete is playing
> alone on all of his cuts. [...]

Hmm... I'll have to listen to my LP, but Pete himself related this
story about falling asleep during WGFA.  Apparently he came out and
did Drowned and Pinball Wizard and then there was a gap while other
musicians did their thing before he came out to play WGFA with
Williams (perhaps it wasn't williams, but I'm fairly certain it was a
duet with another guitar player).  During the break, Pete was drinking
Cognac backstage and getting blasted.  I remember this story
distinctly at the time Secret Policeman's ball came out, but I will
double check.....
- --
  ``Between stimulus and response is the will to choose.''  -- Steven Covey
     3D Paint: The Power to Create in 3D;		Rich Thomson
     email me for more info				rthomson@ptc.com