"A Quick One" on the RS R'n'R Circus

    As far as the current talk about the Who's performance in the R'n'R
Circus goes, it was this performance that initially got me into them in the
first place.  Ironically, I had been all geared up to see Lennon belt out
Yer Blues, but when the Who came on I was blown away.  The next day I went
out, bought the sound track from TKAA, and was hooked ever since.  I was
captivated by Pete from then on.  I must say though, in all fairness, The
Dirty Mac, as they called themselves, were quite good.  I especially
cheered, however, when Yoko climbed in that bag.  The only problem was that
someone forgot to tie the knot and drowned her.  Oh well.  Anyway, the
Who's performance of A Quick One on the Stone's special was by far the best
version that the band ever did.  In fact, as the story goes, it was too
good in the Stone's eyes, which is why it took them nearly thirty years to
release it in its entirety.  I guess you could say good old Mick was
feeling just a little bit insecure-and with good reason.
     By the way, if anyone has or should come across an additional copy of
"The Who in their Own Words," it would be greatly appreciated if you would
contact me.  This is one book that has of yet eluded my grasp.  Also, I
don't know if they are going to release a live album of their recent tour,
but I have a bootleg of their Madison Square Garden performances and it is
quite good.  I also managed to snag, thanks to help of my mother, a bootleg
of their 1989 performance of Tommy, in its entirety, which is great as
well.  If anyone has any good bootlegs that they could dub, especially from
the late 60's and early 70's, perhaps a trade can be arranged.  Thanks!

Jennifer Fox-Glow Girl