Re: Ringo vs. Zak

>Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 Carolyn Hurwitz wrote:

>Amen.  And steering back toward the Who, I remember that
>McCartney said in an interview around that time that Dylan and
>the Who were the Beatles' greatest influences.  (With a bit
>of Beach Boys harmony on the chorus...)

 You *must* be joking. The Beatles' main early influences (before they were
famous) were  Elvis Presley and Buddy Holly. Later, they were influenced by
Bob Dylan and (in McCartney's case) The Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds" album. The
only influence from The Who that McCartney has ever admitted to, was that he
wrote "Helter Skelter" in response to reading about a new Who single. That
would hardly qualify as a "greatest influence".

                         Long Live Rock,

                                I.S.

                  Sacred cows make the best hamburger