[none]

I'm really sorry, but when I read that someone suggested that the Beatles
get back together and do Sgt. Pepper, I almost died.  As a great fan of the
Beatles, I would have liked nothing better than to see them together
again-as a whole.  However, going to see the three remaining Beatles today
without the presence of Lennon would be like going to see the Who without
Townshend, which in turn would be ridiculous.  Lennon, just like Townshend,
was and is still is the heart of the Beatles.  Yes, Paul is an extremely
gifted writer, but his presence still isn't enough to take the place of
Lennon.  Had the tables been turned, I would say the same thing.  Sorry,
but that suggestion just doesn't fly.

I'd also have to say that I agree with the comparison of the Beatles as
being more of a pop band than a rock band.  Songs like Revolution(number 2)
and Come Together can definitely be considered rock, however the Beatles
encompassed way to many styles to be labeled strictly under this genre.
They were way to melodic to be categorized as such.

Finally, I often wondered as to whether or not Pete and the others
occasionally peruse the list as well.  Hey, maybe one of them has even
written under an assumed name.  How cool would that be!  I mean, if they
ever did bother to check it out, I have no doubt that they couldn't help
but be amused by the continual banter that goes on here.  It probably would
serve as a pretty good ego booster as well.  I guess we'll never know for
sure.

Just in case you are out there (Pete, Roger, or John), I think you're the
best and hope this recent tour was not your last.

Eternally Devoted,

Jennifer