Roger on SLIDERS

From: Ian <istanley@quartz.nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Roger on Sliders

>Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997  Marc/Carolyn Hurwitz wrote:

>Did anyone out there see Roger on SLIDERS, either in the recent
>rerun or the first time around?
>If so, could you tell me how it ended?  =

 Technically, it never really did end. Roger escaped by sliding off into
another world, and the slider folks (minus the professor who got shot and=

died, but now replaced by the female military person with the big hooters=

that we were introduced to in the first episode) take off after him. The
slider people want to stop him from draining the blood out of any more
victims, and the military broad wants to kill him in revenge because he
(Roger) shot her husband, the wheelchair-bound scientist.
 This was basically the beginning of the end for sliders. Previously, eac=
episode had been unique in that every world they visited was different, a=
nd
every adventure was unique to the particular world that they were visitin=
g.
However, from this point on, every episode was based on them searching fo=
Roger's character. They got around this by bringing in a different actor =
play the character, and they explained it by saying that the injections h=
was taking could change his appearance. Evidently it also changed his voi=
ce
and accent as well, since the new actor had an English accent (while Roge=
had played the part as an American, with mixed success).  The show went
rapidly down hill from there and was cancelled.<

Ian,

Thanks for the info on SLIDERS.  "Big hooters", huh?  ROFL!
Sexist as hell, maybe, but funny.  Was that the woman who
looked like Lauren Holly (before she became a blonde, that
is)?  I'll take your word about her chest size...I seem to
remember my husband commenting on it as well.

- --Carolyn
(oh heck, can't think of a quote for this one <g>)