Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #274

KHanc1965@aol.com wrote:

> he and maybe others are unable to rise above their "disapproval or dislike"
>  (in his own words, tfor homosexuality so much so that it interferes with or
> maybe destroys their connection to an artist.

	I learned a LONG time ago that if we as people who appreciate art (no
matter WHAT form it may take) let simple things like the personality,
lifestyle, or negative social behavior of the artist in question
interfere with our appreciation of the work that they do, that we would
normally love, it would be a sad, sad, and drearingly boring world to
live in.
	One of my all time favorite Rock/Pop musicians is Elton John.  About 20
years ago when Elton revealed to Rolling Stone magazine that he was a
Bisexual, he lost alot of American fans including ME, but then again I
was only 13 years old at that time.
	It was'nt until I matured all across the board a few years down the
line that I started to not care WHAT the artist's lifestyle is (or just
people in general), if there good people to begin with, and in the case
of musical artists, produce music that helps to spice up life in general
for countless millions of people, including myself, then that's all that
counts!!

					Rock on Pete Townshend!!!

							Joseph