Re: Pete's Sexuality

<<
Yep...Pete DID act on these tendencies.  I remember him saying that Rough
Boys
and the rest of them were NOT Who songs.  They were about acknowledging that
he'd "had a faggit relationship" and were songs that said "No, I'm not that
kind of macho rock star."  He also said that Karen was shocked...and quite
disturbed (Like any wife would be, I'd imagine) when he told her about this.
Also - regarding the Bette Midler song...her manager told Pete to make it a
"bit dirty - she likes it that way" but then told Pete that his song was
downright smutty, and that she could never do it.  Pete said that he didn't
want to change the lyrics when he did it.>>

 I too recall Pete  acknowledging his homosexual encounters.  I also don't
think this should come as too  much of a surprise to any fan who has paid
 attention to his writings/lyrics/interviews over the years.  One read of
Horse's Neck should
enlighten one to the fact that Pete's sexual expression/fantasy has not been
limited to the human female body...

Kim