Pete At The Fillmore Boot

Hi all,
I thought I would mention a recent boot I acquired.
'Pete Townshend - The Fillmore Tuesday April 30, 1996
San Francisco'.  It has Pete on Acoustic & Electric
Guitar, Piano and John Carin Keyboards.  It's
VERY entertaining.  Lots of dialog between cuts.

I'd like to ask a couple of things:

1-I did pay $30 for this.  Is this fair or too much?

2-As part of the dialog, Pete tells the audience that
  it is being recorded.  He did this in such a way
  that it left me wondering if since this gig
  was never released or used 'up front' so to speak,
  does an artist, Pete in this case, have an
  interest in boot leg material.  Does he make
  anything on boots however 'under the table'?
  I don't want to get anybody in trouble but I
  can't help but be curious if the artist gets any
  potential revenue.  I can congure up a potential
  senario that a record company might not see enough
  profit in releasing something like this on a there
  label so the artist however on the sly has it
  released alternatively.

Beau 'why should I care' McCrury