"JANET PAYNE (CAPS)" <jpayne@ksumail.kennesaw.edu>: a post for ya

I was asked to post this message.  I don't think I've watched that
"Nanny" woman since "Spinal Tap."

                                     -Brian in Atlanta
Hi Brian,

Thought you would like to know the Pete/Tommy mention on The Nanny last
night.  I thought someone probably would have seen it and posted it by
now,
but it went like this.  Brian Seltzer was a guest who, with his
orchestra,
was to perform in Mr. Shieffield's musical.  When Brian arrived, he asked
Shieffied, "You're friends with Pete Townshend aren't you?  Why, yes I
am,
Shieffield replied.  "Oh, I remember you now.  You're the one that passed
on Tommy!"  Shieffield's assistant hit him (Shieffied) hard on the arm
and
said, "First CATS and then Tommy.  What is the matter with you!"