Re: Roger being photographed

>They were interviewing this lady photographer who was to
>shoot Roger for a cover of Rolling Stone mag. She traveled a long
way to
>do this shoot, and Roger refused to let her take any pictures of him.
 She
>pleaded with him but know luck. Anyway he started to walk down the
beach,
>and she followed him into the water. Roger finally let her have the
shot
>but only when the camera came close to being submerged in the water.
I guess he
>had a change of heart. I didn't think he was that much of a head
case.
>Is still like this?

I don't know if that photo was ever on a Rolling Stone cover, but it
IS the cover of the book "Photo Diary".  I saw that book in Barnes
and Nobles and recognized Roger from the eyes up (all that was
showing!) and flipped through the book until I found the picture
inside.  I remember the photographer (is it Annie Liebowitz?  Anyone
know?) telling the story of this photo in the book a little
differently then you described above.  She wrote that she kept asking
Roger if she could take his picture, and he kept saying no.  This
went on for some time, until he was in the water so deep that his
mouth was covered.  Then she said, "How about NOW?", and since Roger
could hardly object with most of his face submerged, she went ahead
and took his picture.

I don't think Roger's a head case...in fact, I always thought he was
a little too sane, nice, and dare I say NORMAL for my tastes.  He was
probably just having a bad day and didn't want people taking pictures
of him.  As many times as he's been photographed, it's no surprise he
might get sick of it.

- -Yellow "Lamia" Ledbetter