Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #252

I have to agree with Mike's response to Chris' message. It would be
impossible for me as well to not listen to music for a day.  Especially
rock.

Chris also mentioned that not listening for a day would lead to
accomplishing all sorts of tasks that listening to music was prviously
preventing.  I don't know about Chris but for as far back as I can
remember, like back in the 60s, I'd actually listen to rock in order to
get things done, from homework, to housework, to painting a room etc.
It also is impossible to do any kind of highway or long-distance
driving without something interesting on the CD player, otherwise you
would really fall asleep from boredom.

Finally, as most people know, a favorite tune or artist can change your
mood aside from banishing boredom.  For rock music to be as popular as
it is world-wide, it must usually be a positive change...

Helen
NYC