Re: shirts (mailing list digest #252)

Frank Driscoll wrote:

> Does anyone know where to purchase Who merchandise? I saw
> Quadrophenia this year but I wasn't able to buy a shirt. thanx

Actually, how does one get access to ANY official Quad96/97
merchandise?
We Dutch concert go-ers couldn't even buy a programme, because they
were sold out after the shows in Germany (we don't seem to have much
luck with our eastern neighbours).
All there was to be had (besides indeed T-sirts) were mugs, mouse pads
and mock-colour posters. So anyone out there - continental Europe
preferably - willing to trade a tour-booklet?
In return, I would gladly tape my recently acquired great 2CD boot of
their Oslo-show (anyone care for a REVIEW of that bootleg by the
way??).

Just to fill y'all in: I've been <e-dropping> on all you Who-list'ers
for some five months now. Ever since May 11, to be exact, as this was
the day of days over here: the first Who-appearance since their 1974
By Numbers tour. I saw them then (having just turned 17), I've seen
again this time. In retrospect, 1974's performance probably wasn't one
of their best (although I still seem to recall a very strong WGFA).
But the Quad show was an absolute killer. Never thought they'd pull
that one off the way they did. A wonderful mix of nostalgia, very 90's
stageing, timeless tunes and sheer enthusiasm.
And it sure did rekindle my interest in the band, which now also
means reading this list and browsing around web-sites (thanks Chris).

How's this for a wish: wouldn't it be nice (yes, pun intended) if we
had a want- and offer-list in the way Beach Boys fans have. Perhaps
there is a Who-loving web-wizard among us (other than Who-loving web
vistors like myself) with some time to spare, who might find it
feasible to set up something like you find under:
http://www.prairienet.org/~dauber/bbwant2.htm.

Looking forward to your comments,
yours truly,

hans hoekstra