Stones

I thought I should jump into this.  I flew from Kansas to Chicago for the
purpose of seeing the Stones in concert on opening night.  I drove from
Kansas to Saint Louis to see the who on opening night.  I have seen the
Stones 3 times.  The Who 2 times.  I have camped out all day in the pouring
rain just to stand front row at the Daltry sings Townshend concert (girl friend
got a zak drum stick).  I do not like to listen to people say bad things
about the stones.  They play hard.  And they make good music.  You can not
deny the fact that they have had a lot of great songs.  The who has also
had many great songs.  My point.  Be open minded about music.  Who cares if
the "Stones are the microsoft of rock and roll."  Sombody has to be.  I
would rather it be one of my favorite bands then a group I have never heard
of.  Music should be loved, enjoyed questioned and to a degree debated.
This is rock and roll not a fucking tea party.  I agree with the people who
have stated the greatness of people like lou reed, the moodys, bowie and on
my list the greatness of cream, CS&N, Kiss, Beatles.  If you do not like these
groups, you do not have to trash them.  Just except that they are
considered by many of the people on this list to be great bands and have
had years of great work.  Get over it.  Get over yourselves.  I would think
that if Pete was seeing all of this he would be happy about someone
defending his band but upset about the people trashing his friends and
rivals.  Oh by the way in case you want to know.  Stones looked old, big
stage, great song list and they were nervious, after all you play for
60,000 people for the first time in 3 years and you will be nervious.  The
who.  Calm, cool, colleted and looked and sounded great.  The better of the
2 shows in my oppion was the who.

Ryan
"I can't analyze what I feel about the Stones because I'm really an
absolute  fan.  The Rolling Stones were just shocking, absolutley riveting,
stunning, moving;  I mean, they changed my life completely..."Pete
Townshend