Re: Chinese Eyes

Kathleen Pasquale wrote:

> Ryan Moore wrote:
> >

> > As far as the Stones, I don't think they're in it for the money, they
> > already have enough!
>
> If they are not in it for the money how come the added NY shows at MSG
> tickets are price ranged @ $85-$300.

	All concert tickets cost more in general than the did 10-15 years ago.
The ticket price range from my ticket agency for Fleetwood Mac last
month ranged from $85-300 smackeroos, depending on how close you wanted
to sit.
	I paid $75 to see both Pete Townshend and KISS last year.  It seems
very fair to me.
	That's just the way things are if you really want to see a good group.
I'm not saying it's like that for ALL groups, I'm just saying the above
price range is becoming the norm if you don't want to stand in line for
3 hours at the venue box office.

>  But then again, it
> > was embarassing to see the Who playing to a maybe half-full arena (UsAir
> > Arena, Washington DC) and to be one of about ten people under 40 in the
> > audience. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would hear "down in
> > front" at a Who show!!!!!
>
> All 9 shows I attended looked close to being sold out and I witnessed
> alot of teenagers & twenty-somethings there.  I thought it was great.
> Keep the legacy alive.

	When I saw Pete Townshend last year, I was surprise how many really
young people who were there that knew all of the words to all of his
solo material that he was singing!

							Joseph