Innovation

> >Alan, I have to disagree with you here already. The Stones...
> >still have the ability to be creative and make new
> >music together as a band,
>
> OK, maybe they do.

Alan:

As you say, maybe they do...but they've done nothing but remake STICKY
FINGERS over and over for the last 25 years, with an occasional song
which follows a current trend. Too bad Brian Jones left them (mentally
first and then physically), because he was the real innovator of the
bunch. Still, even the excellent EXILE and later GHS they at least were
trodding somewhat new ground. Never to be repeated, it seems.
Pete Townshend HAS created new innovative music, and if The Who were
together the argument would be moot. I loved The Stones early on, and
even like some of their later material. But the biggest surprise of all
would be anything innovative from them at this point. If The Who put out
a CD of new material, innovative music therein would NOT be a surprise.
PT wouldn't bother otherwise, for one thing, IMHO.
Perhaps it would be more accurate to adapt the excellent quote by
saying: The Stones have BECOME the Microsoft of Rock?

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend