Fw: Who-Digest - Number 1060

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997 09:23:15 -0500 (EST)
Tammyp027014b@pb.seflin.org>
Asked about: Writing to the guys
 I don't know if this has ever been covered on the list before, but if
not
this is an interesting question. Has anyone ever written to Pete,
Roger,
or John and actually have gotten a response back? If so, what kind of
response? Just curious.
++
During the farewell tour my innumerable attempt to meet Pete failed. It was
awful the effort that I put out only to be disappointed again and again.  I
wrote to him shortly after the tour ended and about a month later he wrote
a thank you note for the card I  had sent.  It said, very simply:

Thank you for your card.
 Sincerely,
 Pete Townshend

I remember being so freaked out about getting the letter that I was afraid
to open it!
I have it, still, of course, hermetically sealed in mylar so it won't fade
or tear.  Along with the other signatures and photos I have of this
incredible artist, it is one of my most prized possessions.
jacqueline