Re: Recent Submissions-Feedback

On 11/13/97 03:13:48 you wrote:
>2. Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band of all time; BEST rock'n roll band, etc:
>The Who were not prolific. The Stones have released nearly one album per
>year since they came into existence; Led Zepp took some of their initial
>material from Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath back in '70. The list of
>comparisons of GREAT BANDS is endless. The Who was one on the list of
>Greatest Bands to have ever played. I'll bet a true Who fan can relate
>personally to EVERY album the band has ever released. Try asking a
>Stones or Zep fan the same thing. The Who were never prolific. That was
>their failure; that was their blessing.

I disagree about Zep taking "initial material" from Sabbath.  Fact is Zep had released their THIRD album by the time Sabbath
released their first in '70.  Zep took their initial material (I'm Confused [soon to be Dazed] & White Summer) and even name
(they were billed as the New Yardbirds early on) from Page's previous band the Yardbirds.  When Zep began in the fall of '68,
Sabbath was still a year away from being formed.  As Tony Iommi was with Jethro Tull in late '68, after which he formed Earth
which became BS.

Bruce