Shea '82

Pigpen asked in Volume 129...
"Does anyone have any tapes from Buffalo 1982 or a copy of the Video
circulating from Shea Stadium?
years ago i passed on an oppertunity to buy the Shea Video and now i'm
kicking myself...it was the only time i saw the boys play I Saw Her
Standing There and they dedicated it to the Beatles...the show as a pretty
good one if i remember correctly and the 2nd nite seemed cool as well but i
think the weather the 2nd nite was something to be desired.  Does anyone
remember The Clash opening for the boys and David Johansen???any tapes of
these circulating?"

Just a few quick thoughts, as I was there (1st row, to the right of the
stage).  The order of the show was David Johansen, The Clash, and then The
Who, not The Clash first.  David Johansen was soundly booed off stage.  I
suppose he didn't appreciate getting pelted with every imaginable object,
including at least two sneakers I saw.  The Clash forgot the words to at
least three songs, which I found pretty funny.  I also remember being very
pissed off that The Who ended the show with a Beatles tune.  I kind of felt
like they were doing a disservice to themselves.  Glad they're sticking to
their own songs to end the shows...now, if only they'd come out west!!