love songs and tour

Yellow wrote:
>People have been writing love songs ever since there's been music, and
there's >not much new that can be done with the subject.

        No kidding.  A really nice thing about the Who is the very fact that
they wrote... well, alternative (not in the modern sense) love songs!

>Not to mention the fact that love songs aren't really that much fun to
listen >to unless you are happily in love yourself.  For the millions of us
that are >not happily in love, songs about people who are tend to be boring,
>depressing, or just plain nauseating.

        That was going to be my point - especially the nauseating part.  But
I never get sick of listening to "Tattoo"....

The Brown Family wrote:
>Hi all I keep getting different opinions about what the summer tour is
>going to be about...Some of you say it is Quad again however all the shows
>are being billed as THE WHO where as last year it was billed as THE WHO'S
>QUADROPHENIA....any coments either way?

        We know it's going to be all of Quadrophenia - I can forward you
some reviews of the European shows, in which the show started with Quad, ran
through it in its entirety, and finished with a few hits.  And it's an
*excellent* show!  (Well, I loved it - everyone always loved their first Who
concert.)
        They won't switch the whole thing to a night of hits halfway through
the tour.

        And Luke!  I was going to yardsales yesterday morning, and I should
have picked up a couple of Styx 8-tracks that one guy had.  You could've
brought them with you to get signed!  ;)

JenniferD
My Guitar         __   ____
\---\____________/   -     \     http://www.nt.net/~jen/homepage.htm
 :::=====================I  |		from Penny Politics....