Opening Act NJ Nov. 1996/New Brit Rock

  A few days ago someone asked who opened for The Who at the Continental
Arena in Nov. The group is called Ocean Colour Scene. I think they are a good
band. The CD they have out now is called Mosely Shoals. It contains all the
songs that were played when they opened that night. They have a definite
influence of early Stones, Who, and Beatles. The CD should be available in
any major record store. They are not very well known here in the US but they
are very popular in Great Britain.

  There is a rumor that Pete will be recording songs with OSC, Noel
Gallagher, and Paul Weller for a Small Faces tribute CD to benifit Ronny
Lane. This sounds like it would be worth buying if it ever really happens.

  If you are interested in other British pop bands that aren't well Known in
the US I would highly recomend Blur. OCS is more Classic British Pop, which
is cool. Blur always remind of The Who in their Sell Out period, a bit of
progressive pop I would say. The group's fifth albulm entitled Blur is out
know and looks like it is sparking American interest...IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!
They also cover Substitue on the Who Covers Who CD.

Vac