Opening Acts & Pete the guitarist

> The support band were quite dire,

Speaking of which, has anyone heard who's opening for the band here in
the US? Or, if more than one, who and where?

> On Pete's birthday I thought I'd move away from songwriting and cast my vote
> for PT as the greatest rock guitarist of them all.  There's no doubt that he
> doesn't solo like Page, Hendrix or Van Halen, but IMO Pete plays at a higher
> level than the rest.

Todd:

I believe that Pete plays "from the heart" more than most...definitely
more than Eddie Van Halen. He's often mentioned that he loses himself in
it when playing...so while he may not be an technically perfect
guitarist, he's an extremely emotional one. He does it by "feel"...and I
prefer that to someone who tries to dazzle the audience with "tricks."

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend