Re Kinks/Who... You Really Got Me

> I have to say this is quite fun and interesting talking about all of this
> influence stuff.  From looking at my Kinks CD's, it says that You Really
> Got Me was released in August of 1964.  Does anybody know how long it took
> for this song to break and become popular?

Bryce,

A french Kinks biography I just bought this afternoon states it took "just a
few days" to climb to the number one.

BTW, a weird thing:
They also state the title was chosen after manager Larry Page told Ray
Davies that the succes was proportionnal to the quality of the guitar riff,
and that a song needed "you" and "me" in its title to be a hit (apparently,
Ray listened to him: "If you still want me"/"You do something to me" was
their 2nd single, and YRGM the 3rd.)

Hope this helps.

** Keith.
(on the Net, not the Moon)