Ray Davies (non-Who)

I went to see Ray Davies' "Storyteller" show recently -- absolutely
fabulous! -- so good, I went to see it again the very next day.

I've just been "re-discovering" the Kinks of late (Village Green, Something
Else, Arthur, Muswell Hillbillies, etc.) and am ceaselessly amazed at Ray's
songwriting prowess. Ray's voice sounds better than ever these days, and his
Storyteller show is a funny, brilliant tour de force taking us from his
childhood, on though British art school and the London R&B scene of the
early sixties, and on through the Kinks' rollercoaster ride on the music scene.

Now if only Pete would take on an acoustic "storytelling" format...(we got a
taste of what it could be like with his NYC Supper Club gigs... imagine if
Pete developed a show like Ray's...)

D13