The Who as Influence and Greatest Rock Band

I have to agree that while Townshend, Beck, and the Kinks were more likely to
discover something like feedback than Lennon, Lennon was still the first to put
it on record.  I just have the sinking feeling this will put us back into the
Who Inspired Who debate so recently concluded.

On a much lighter note, the reason I think the Who appeals to me as my favorite
rock band is that Pete's lyrics often hit me in just the right way.  he speaks
to me, my insecurities, and so on.  And Entwistle is one of the most underrated
lyricists in the history of rock (look who he's compared to!).

A good thing: I have heard more Who songs on the radio in the past three or four
days than previously in my life.  WONDERFUL!

Incidentally, I saw the Definitive Who sheet music collection today.  WOW.  Four
volumes, 24.95 a pop.  It's guitar tab.  I am leaning towards volume F-I,
because it has Heaven and Hell, I Can't Explain, Imagine a Man, However Much I
Booze, How Many Friends, I Can See For Miles . . . THIS IS NOT AN EASY CHOICE.
I WISH I HAD THE MONEY FOR THE ENTIRE SET--BUT I DON'T.  I will of course take
donations.

"Fletch, this time you goofed big. . .in the story of yours we ran
Wednesday, you have recent quotes from a man who's been dead two
years. . . ."

"At least give me a chance to check my sources."

"Like who?  Saint Peter?  You get him on the line, I want to know."

- --Gregory McDonald, "Fletch and the Widow Bradley"
     Kevin Cherry

   00cherry@cua.edu
 kmcherry@hotmail.com

             http://www.cua.edu/~00cherry