Re: The Who & The Beatles

On Thu, 15 May 1997 17:59:51 -0400 (EDT), DayTriper1@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 97-05-14 22:27:37 EDT, nelsonbr@plu.edu (Bryce R. =
Nelson)
>writes:
>
><< I have to say that I'm pretty
> much riding on the Beatles side of the fence for best band ever but
> everybody obviously has the right to their own opinion. >>
>
>I have to agree with that. I love the Who, but the Beatles were just =
better
>in most aspects. Except live performances, and the drummer and bass =
player.
>Other than that, the Beatles take the cake. Like Bryce, I love the Who =
also,
>but I also share his opinion.

At the time, The Beatles were more important to me. But 30+ years
later, it is The Who that I keep going back to.

But there is no question that The Beatles were a great band, and
very significant in the development of rock music. While the
question of who used/recorded feedback first is being debated
elsewhere, those of us old enough to have lived through that period
remember that The Beatles were constantly experimenting with new
sounds, and their experiments pushed everyone else in rock music.

- --=20
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and
the intelligent are full of doubt." -- Bertrand Russell