Re: Feedback and feedback about feedback.

>>You have any dates as to when the Who opened for
>>the Beatles?
>
>Bryce:
>
>Not here at my store, and maybe not at home...however, it wasn't long
>after The Kinks' You Really Got Me was a hit (according to Ray Davies
>in
>X-Ray). The High Numbers replaced The Kinks on the tour when YRGM was
>successful enough to allow them to headline. I can find out when the
>single charted...when I get home.

Just to save you the trouble, The High Numbers opened for The Beatles at
the Blackpool Opera House on August 16th, 1964.  "I Feel Fine" was
recorded October 18th, 1964.  Of course, we're never going to find a
smoking guitar here, but I find the circumstantial evidence convincing
that Lennon knicked the feedback idea from Townshend.

			-Brian in Atlanta

P.S. The High Numbers had already released "I'm The Face"/"Zoot Suit"
prior to  opening for The Beatles.  Pity it had no feedback on it or
this would be an easy argument.

P.P.S. The Kinks' opened for The Beatles at the Gaumont Cinema,
Bournemouth on August 2nd.