Lennon feedback and old 45

In his Beatles Reording Sessions book, Mark Lewisohn says that Lennon's
claim that the feedback at the beginning of "I Feel Fine" was an
accident was false because early takes of the recording of that song
show that he worked hard at getting the feedback just right.
McCartney (excuse me, Sir James Paul McCartney) said that John had come
across the feedback by accident when he put the guitar down and it was
too close to the amplifier.

The question of the B-side of "Substitute" was actually "Waltz for a
Pig" by the Graham Bond Orchestra which was another Shel Talmy
production.  It was not uncommon for this to happen with new groups that
were heavily controlled by producers.

I hope this clears some things up  for everybody.