Re: Quad the movie and pills, thrills and bellyaches!

Gary L wrote:

> Yes, but we see the cliff edge as the scooter goes over.  Surely we'd have
> seen him fall?

Gary:

Poetic license. And if the intent was for us not to be sure...
But, as I've said, I've never believed that he went over.

> Have you ever seen 'Made In Britain' which stars a young Tim Roth?

No; I haven't seen it in the video stores but I'll look.

> Backed up?

Like a constipated goose. Let me put it this way: the OJ trial was
fairly speedy. A lot of criminal cases don't see a court for close to a
year.

> If it was on sale in the High Street, it was already well out of vogue.

I could say the same about the US; once it's on TV...
>From what I've gotten, there were two "Mods." One is what we see in Quad
the movie...a lifestyle. The other is a fashion...which is what the
lifestyle might have looked like to the general, non-hip public.
Swinging Londoners, for instance...or artificial Beatles bands. I'd say
Rod probably fell into the "fashion" catagory.

> I've never heard recordings from this era but I understand he was quite
> good.

I have, and he was. I have one track on a compilation called Stone Cold
Crazy, by The Ansley Dunbar Retaliation, with Peter Green on guitar. As
much as I don't like Stewart, it's a great track. He was more than fair
with Jeff Beck, too. Too bad he didn't continue along this path.

> Black Beauties or "Bombers" (Durophet) were withdrawn for being *too*
> dangerous!

Like any drug (or anything), one should always use moderation. They were
so pure and fine, you didn't feel the urge to overuse them.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend