The House of Blues Show

I am a new subscriber to this list and it is, to say the least, interesting to
hear other opinions on The Who, especially Pete.  The Who has always
been my favorite group and I have long admired and appreciated Pete's
lyrics and music, especially his solo work.  In fact, I think his solo music
is just as powerful as what he wrote for The Who.  Unfortunately, I feel
he has been slighted on both counts by not receiving due credit for the
constant evolution of his music, unlike other "icons" (fill in any name you
like) of rock who have nothing more to offer and rely on their name to sell
music.  I have seen The Who a number of times, but the best show I ever
saw, including other groups, was Pete's solo show in Chicago
performing Psychoderelic along with other solo and Who music.  He
jabbers with the audience more and allows his self-effacing and
sarcastic wit and enthusiasm for his music to come ripping through.
Also, since he consistently pushes the envelope of what music/art is, it
is refreshing, not tiresome to listen to.  I will be attending his solo show at
The House of Blues and, I can only imagine, it will be even better...!  By
the way, didn't Pete invent unplugged too... another slight...!!!
CR