Re: Advice

In message <01IIKXQA9PSO8WWBNA@CSTCC.CC.TN.US>,
BENZING@CSTCC.CC.TN.US writes
>I have heard the same thing about the film Quadrophenia; does the reissued
>video claim any improvements over the original? (Has to be better than the
>grimy print I saw in a Cincinnati theatre in 1982!)

The U.K. release date for the latest Quadrophenia video print is set for May
26th.  Prior to this, the new print has been running in selected cinemas
around the U.K.  I'm not sure how things stand in the U.S.

I was led to believe that that some footage was restored but the only
noticible difference between my video copy (1983 Spectrum Original)  and
this new print seems to be the soundtrack which was remastered in
Quadrophonic stereo for the cinema. Of course, Quad was re-released by
a budget label during the late ' 80s so it's possible some footage was
chopped then and has resurfaced on the new print.

The picture quality doesn't seem to have improved very much.  It's still
pretty grimy but it was never a big budget production.

- --
Gary L