Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #104

On tuesday Towser wrote that he dares us to name a better drummer in 1978
that KJ.  Here are three John Bonham, he got better with age, Phil
Collins, more sound than KJ?, and Neil Pert, how can you argue with him.
I am a drummer, for the past 16 years, I picked up my first stick at age
four and have been playing professionally for 5 years.  I would consider
myself in the know about music and drumming.  Kenny Jones was a great
drummer and I would never think of saying anything negative about his
playing, however, the BEST ROCK DRUMMER in 1978, I don't know about
that.  Pick up IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR and tell how  Bonham is on
songs like CAROUSALAMBRA and FOOL IN THE RAIN.  Collins was at the height
of Genesis and Pert was well, Pert.  I'm really not arguing, Jones is a
great drummer, however don't let rock start and stop with Kenny Jones.

- -George