Tommy

Phil wrote:
>Maybe I'm being naive, but the way I understand it, the following
>lyric makes it all perfectly clear to me:
>
>"Captain Walker didn't come home
>His unborn child will never know him.
>Believed to be missing with a number of men
>Don't expect to see him again"
>
>I don't see how this can be interpreted as anything other than
>literally, although this still doesn't explain what the trauma Tommy
>went through was.  This lyric implies that Tommy never even saw his
>father, let alone see him murdered/commit murder.  I reckon that
>Tommy's trauma was nothing more than seeing his mother screwing
>another bloke........

        No....  In the lyrics which come with the album, at one point Father
and Lover are exchanging lines, I think.  And since Pete was key in the
story-boarding of the B-Way show, I would think that if no one died in the
original album, no one would have died in the B-Way show.

JenniferD
A Guitar          __   ____
 :::=====================I  | <www.nt.net/~jen/homepage.htm>
"Imagine a road - so long looking back
That you can't see where it really began..." -'Imagine a Man'