reissues

> I have bought all the re-issued albums in the last year or so, but never
> got around to purchasing the box set because I was dead broke when it
> came out. Looking at it the other day in the record store I noticed that
> it contains the same live version of "Dreaming from the Waist" that is
> included on the re-issued "Who By Numbers," and the same live version of
> "Naked Eye" which is added as a bonus track on "Who's Next."
>
> I don't know about you guys but this strikes me a sheer laziness on the
> part of whoever was primarily responsible for assembling the tracks, and
> something of a rip-off. It should have clear to the band that the people
> who were likely to buy the box set are the same folks who would be
> buying the individually re-issued albums. Moreover, there is a wealth of
> unreleased live material available so why not provide us with tracks
> that we don't already own.
>
> Anybody else have thoughts on this or other aspects of the bonus tracks?

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying.  I'm really glad to see some of
this old live material coming out.  But there must be so much incredible
stuff still unissued.  Why issue "Dreaming from the Waist" and others
twice?  And I'm disappionted that they didn't issue the entire "Tommy"
from Live at Leeds.  I've heard the bootleg.  It's a great performance.
And recorded really well for a live show.  Isle of Wight has the whole
Tommy, but the sound quality is pretty mediocre.  I wish they would do a
series of CDs covering the whole evolution their live sets from the
beginning to Keith's death.  They were such an incredible live band.  I
don't think most people realize.

- -Jerry F