Sex Pistols/Horse's Neck

>I also recommend the book that Pete wrote, entitled "Horse's Neck."

>Messrs Rotten & Vicious couldn't believe in that, far from regarding
>The Who as dinosaurs, the Pistols looked to them for inspiration

Well I just thought I'd respond to these two things

I've been reading the comments about the song "Who (the fuck) are
You? (nearly!)" over the last few days, and this is my understanding of the
story behind it:  As far as I know, Pete went for drinks in a bar in
the West end of london one night, and met Steve Jones (guitarist) and
Paul Cook (drummer) from the Sex Pistols.  Unfortunately Pete was
either too pissed to care, or genuinely didn't know, but he insisted
on calling one of them "Johnny Rotten", and was lambasting them over
how it was their responsibility to drag music out of the mire it was
in at the time, as he had done (or tried) to do his bit (The Punk &
the Godfather ??).  Anyway, Pete then ends up in a Soho doorway, a
policeman knew his name etc. etc., and gets the tube home (Piccadilly
Circus?).  The Sex Pistols loved the Who - the evidence is there -
they did a cover version of Substitute on The Great Rock 'n' Roll
Swindle, changing the lyric "my fine looking suit is really made out
of sack" to "my mohair suit is really made out of sack".

As far as "Horse's Neck" is concerned, I think Sigmund Freud would
have something to say - Pete is obsessed with penises all the way
through.  I got a friend of mine to steal my copy from the library of
the Manchester Grammar School (one of the best non-boarding schools
in Britain for all you non-British reading this) in 1986 - result!
Citywatch Ltd
Tel: +44 171 403 7706
Fax: +44 171 403 7022
Web: www.citywatch.co.uk