Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #60

At 09:53 PM 10/03/97 -0800, you wrote:

>The Who Mailing List Digest

>Monday, March 10 1997Volume 04 : Number 060

>In this issue:

>	Subtitle of the Who Digest???

>	A Quick TWO While He'a Away???

>	Dates announced

>	Re: A Quick TWO While He'a Away???

>	Last call, fave Who songs!

>	Who By Numbers

>	Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #57

>Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 23:26:23 +0000

>From: mark.klyn@mohican.mwsu.edu (Mark Klyn)

>Subject: Subtitle of the Who Digest???

>I was listening to Psychoderelict the other day, while checking my

>email. I suddenly had a moment of tarnished brilliance. I thought we

>are all sharing the life experience, and our computers are our grid

>suits. Maybe this list should be renamed (or at least subtitled THE

>GRID). I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, but I believe it

>is at least mind fodder for us WHOphiles. Comments?

>Cheers,

>Mark E. Klyn

>------------------------------

>Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:39:57 GMT0BST

>From: "Mod Boy" <<David.Steel@newcastle.ac.uk>

>Subject: A Quick TWO While He'a Away???

>Hello All,

>                I am sure most of you on this list will own BOTH the

>'Ooooo box set and either the Stones R'n'R circus  video or album. My query

>is that the final part of Quick One ('You are forrrrrrrgiven!!') on

>the box set is different from the version on the Stones album, does

>this mean that they did the song at the circus a few times????

>Dave

>- ---------------------------------------------------

> "I treid so hard to stand

>  As I stumbled and fell to the ground

>  So hard to laugh as I fumbled

>  And reached for the love I had found."

>                         (Buffalo Springfield)

>- ---------------------------------------------------

>------------------------------

>Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:14:18 -0500 (EST)

>From: Kentthe1@aol.com

>Subject: Dates announced

>I don't know about other cities, but the Who have confirmed a date on Aug. 28

>in Atlanta at Lakewood Ampitheater, according to the newspaper.  I have no

>idea if this is the travelling Quad show or what but I know I'll be there if

>have to cut off my left testicle.

>As for Who by Numbers, it is a great album. It's got everything, Pete

>singing, one rocking Entwistle tune, boozing, sex, misery, straight ahead

>rock, quieter moments and some of Townshend's best recorded guitar work on

>"Slip Kid."  One thing oddly missing is the synthesiser, but I think that

>must have been done on purpose.

>------------------------------

>Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 09:22:59 -0700

>From: Phil McRevis <<legalize@xmission.com>

>Subject: Re: A Quick TWO While He'a Away???

>In article <<13EE4861C6D@TOWN9.ncl.ac.uk>,

>    "Mod Boy" <<David.Steel@newcastle.ac.uk>  writes:

>> does this mean that they did the song at the circus a few times????

> [...]

                                              </color> .

                                              .\\

                                D E A K I N  .\\\\  A U S T R A L I A

Jason Cliff                            Internet: cliffj@deakin.edu.au

Computer Support Officer                       Voice: +61 3 9244 5066

336 Glenferrie Rd                                Fax: +61 3 9244 5108

Malvern VIC 3144                              Mobile: +61 419 354 985