Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #57

> Andrew Thompson

This is in response to Andrew's post re WHO ARE YOU.  My understanding was
that it was Uncle Pete's riposte to Johnny Rotten, Sid Vicious et al who
Pete originally hoped (silly man!) that the Sexy Pistols <g> would "take
over" from The Who (delusions of sleaze, eh?).  Mind you, to their credit,
Messrs Rotten & Vicious couldn't believe in that, far from regarding The
Who as dinosaurs, the Pistols looked to them for inspiration - which is a
mystery given their (lack of) musicianship!!  I believe I read this in a
Rolling Stone published about the time of the release of WAY.

Neil.