Re: Zep & Playlist

> It is probably a variety of things. None of the tracks has been
> overplayed through the years (if I hear Stairway to Heaven one more
> time I will puke). The music just seems fresher and more authentic
> to me.

Brian:

You will have noticed that Zoso (or IV, or whatever it's called) isn't
among my favorites. In fact, I think III & HOTH are far superior.

> In a similar vein (and to drag this back on topic), I really like
> the early who stuff better. I would take The Who Sell Out, Tommy, or
> Live at Leeds over Who's Next. Personally, WSO is my favorite Who
> album.

Well, everyone in the known universe (with apologies to Larry Niven)
knows by now that QUAD is my favorite...but I'm with you on WN. It's
probably my least-played Who album. After all I had it on 8-Track, then
went through several LPs, and am now on my second CD of it. I've heard
it to death.
It's also the one most of my friends have...so when I visit, they
usually play it ("He's a Who fan, so play WN.")
My "most-played" are MG, SO, TOMMY, LAL, & QUAD. And it always depends
on my mood.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend