Re: Upside Down and Unpleasant Behavior

MS KELLY D GILES I wrote:

> Now Rick, there's no need to go flying off the handle at Drew over
> one innocent little post.  Okay, sure, I can see how someone might
> get a little irritated because the post in question had absolutely no
> Who content, which is a bit silly what with this being a Who list and
> all.  But then again, posts with no Who content aren't really a new
> thing around here, are they?  It's just one of those things you have
> to learn to accept.  And while you and I might be well aware that
> left-handed people find it easier to play the guitar upside down, not
> everyone is so well informed.  It is best to correct such ignorance
> in a quiet and polite manner.  There is no excuse for getting all
> angry at someone else and insulting them just because they don't know
> everything that you do.  One of the main purposes of a list like this
> is to facilitate the sharing of information.  There isn't anyone here
> who knows everything about music, or rock history, or the Who.  We
> all have something to learn from each other.  That's the whole point.
>  If you have trouble with this, you would probably be better off
> dropping the list.
>
> And that's all I have to say about that.
>
> -Yellow "Jumbo Shrimp" Ledbetter
I have no problem with Drew, I just got sick of his saying the same
thing and not researching his info before he spoke( or wrote).  I did
kind of (O.K., I really did fly off the handle, then again Who fans are
know for passion, it goes with the turf).  I just felt that he was
dissing PAul and other Lefties( like Myself).  Paul did not copy
hendrix.  Most Lefties I know learn to play that way. I did and that was
before I even knew who hendrix was.  If I offended any one, I'm Sorry.
However, as I said in my original message, There are other bands before
Hendrix.  He did not invent rock.  He helped to reshape it though.

Rick