Re: Page

On Sat, 28 Jun 1997 17:45:18 -0400, "Mark R. Leaman"
<mleaman@sccoast.net> wrote:

>But I'm surprised that you like LZ I best. It is a great album; I think
>the label of "atomic Blues" is right on. But for me, the title for best
>Zep would have to go to LZ III or HOUSES OF THE HOLY (depends on my
>mood). Love those two.

It is probably a variety of things. None of the tracks has been
overplayed through the years (if I hear Stairway to Heaven one more
time I will puke). The music just seems fresher and more authentic
to me. And no doubt there are associations that go back nearly
thirty years to what I was doing when I first listened to it.

In a similar vein (and to drag this back on topic), I really like
the early who stuff better. I would take The Who Sell Out, Tommy, or
Live at Leeds over Who's Next. Personally, WSO is my favorite Who
album.

- --=20
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies."
                                                        Voltaire

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/