Re: Page

> Actually, the first album is still my favorite, of the 4 or 5 I
> have. I don't dislike Led Zeppelin in general, I just have jaundiced
> view of their over-blown self-promotion.

Kevin:

And I would agree with you there. After all, Page did claim credit for
the ICE & YRGM solos...how many Talmy productions did he play on (there
must have been others) yet these two are the only ones talked
about...because they were successful, of course.
And it takes a damned big ego to stand in front of thousands of people
and play Dazed And Confused for 30+ minutes. Or a 90 minute Rock Opera,
for that matter...
But I'm surprised that you like LZ I best. It is a great album; I think
the label of "atomic Blues" is right on. But for me, the title for best
Zep would have to go to LZ III or HOUSES OF THE HOLY (depends on my
mood). Love those two.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend