Re: Hendrix, Zep, & Pete's environment

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997 15:43:47 -0400, "Mark R. Leaman"
<mleaman@sccoast.net> wrote:

>Perhaps. My thinking is that the song was mislabeled by a subordinate
>who was unfamiliar with Killing Floor...but that's just a guess and
>giving them the benefit of the doubt. As many drugs as they were
>probably taking about then, I still can't imagine the band feeling they
>could get away with such a blatant rip-off. They did do some original
>and innovative music, after the first two albums (and before the
>seventh). And with the success of the first album under their belt, they
>hardly needed to "cheat."

Actually, the first album is still my favorite, of the 4 or 5 I
have. I don't dislike Led Zeppelin in general, I just have jaundiced
view of their over-blown self-promotion.

- --=20
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther =
King, Jr.

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/