Rough Boys & Herpes Masterclass (heh heh, what a combo!)

> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:43:45 -0400 (EDT)
> From: ACEFACE6@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Pete Bi and other stuff

> << Just listen to Rough Boys - 'dedicated to my good friend Elton John'.
>
> Actually it was dedicated to Pete's kids, Emma and Minta and was not
> nessiserally about homosexualiy.

On "The Who Live Featuring Tommy" video from the 89 tour, Pete
introduces Rough Boys by saying  "I'd like to dedicate this next song to
my very good friend Elton John. I hope it makes him feel better"

> Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:12:13 -0400
> From: Ray Schweighardt <rainman@cybernex.net>
> Subject: Herpes Masterclass :-)
>
> >Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:36:06, -0500
> >From: THRH79B@prodigy.com (MS KELLY D GILES I)
> >Subject: Re: lyrics to "Athena"
> >
> >>By the way, I've been listening to It's Hard lately, does anyone
> >know
> >>what the words are to "Athena-" "She's just a girl, she's a WHAT?"
> >
> >The magic word is..."bomb".  Really.
> >
> >>Also, what is the "herpes masterclass?"
> >
> >A really nasty sexually transmitted disease...one that is not
> >mentioned anywhere in the lyrics to "Athena".  I'm not sure what
> >lyrics you are misunderstanding, maybe if you gave the whole line
> >then someone could tell you what it really is.
>
> I assume the line you are mishearing is "My heart felt like a shattered
> glass in an acid bath".
> Hey, you were CLOSE :-)

In the live version of "Cry if you want" on the "It's Hard" reissue Pete
comments "From the Magic Kingdom to the herpes masterclass"

Unfortunately, I haven't a clue as to what he meant by that.

- --
Alba Gu Brath!
John W. Leys, J.S.P.S., F.L.S.
       |                     Visit                        |
       |           Unacknowledged Legislators             |
       |[http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8916/] |
       |		    Home of                       |
       |            The Lord Byron HomePage               |

"Fide et Fortitudine"
       -The Motto of the Clan Farquharson