Re: Suicide

In a message dated 97-06-17 01:48:45 EDT, email@citywatch.prestel.co.uk
(Citywatch Ltd) writes:

<< >- - The rate of suicide for 15 to 24 year olds has nearly tripled over
 >the past three decades.

 So what??? This is a completely useless statistic.  What is it
 saying?? 15-24 year olds have become more depressed in the last 3
 decades? Or that 15-24 year olds have learned to commit suicide more
 easily over the last 3 decades.  Or is it the birth of trendy, hippy
 psychobabble, encouraging people to convince themselves they were
 molested as a child.  Your statistic, if anything, is as good an
 argument as any for NOT going to see a shrink - the increase in
 suicides seems to correlate with the birth of therapists (or is that
 The Rapist ???).  Get over it.  Get pissed.  Destroy.
 =========================
 Citywatch Ltd >>

I must say I very much liked the way the above cited sentiments were
expressed....And I couldn't agree more! Especially the bit about therapist or
rapist (it's rapist, BTW)..

"I went back to my Doctor...He said ""tell me 'bout my weekend"", but he
NEVER betrays what he thinks...." (PT/QUAD)

besides, as one of the natural heirs of THE WHO legacy put it...."NO FUTURE,
NO FUTURE-----We mean it, man!" (John Lydn)

"And England's dreaming..."

Well said, mate! Regards,

JB-----2TheWHO!