Re: The Who In Belgium

>George Tremlett says The Who started their 1967 European tour in
>Brussels.  He gives May 18th as when they flew over for it.

Thanx for the info.

I've read in the seventies that PT said he hated to play in Belgium (afte=
the '72 show).
They only went 3 times in our little country : 1967, 1972 and 1997. These=
 2
last dates in the same place : a hall called Forest National.
Considering the way they played in 72, this show was a disaster.
Only John seemed to be clean. The others didn't play together.
Daltrey  was not in tune. Pete missed some intro, and Keyth broke his
drumkit
long before the end of the show.
But they got a big standing ovation because they gave a lot of energy and=

fun to their fans.
I was very happy to see the Who in may 97 at the same place, 25 years
later;
playing so good.
A last word : I own every record of The Who + some of PT, but after all
these years, listenings to all these songs, I don't think that Quad is
their
best opus. Sure it's fine, but, in my opinion, you don't find in Quad the=

power of songs
like The Ox, Magic Bus, The Kids Are Alright, Boris The Spider,W.G.F.A...=

or =

I can see for miles...
Maybe I'm too old !!!

Yves-Pierre