The Ox

Jeff Brow wrote:

> I've noticed that the members of this digest seem to be obsessed >with
Quad...sure it's great, but I never heard a mention of Boris the >Spider
or Silas Stingy.  Poor John always gets the shaft.  You know >if it
weren't for John, ol' Pete and Rog would be an oversight today. >Who
kept Pete so fluid through Sparks...huh?  Just the thought of >John's
archetypal '16 bars of the same note' gives me goosebumps.  >First-rate
entertainment.  What a guy.  John has always been a >super-duper star in
my book.  And I will see him up close and >personal, Aug. 7th, oh boy,
am I ecstatic.  And I'm amazed that he >found the time to do this, even
through the great triumph of the John >Entwistle Band and Ringo's
All-Starkeys.  Phew, the dark horse pulls >through again....or was that
George Harrison???

Oh yeah, it's really bad. John Alec Entwistle is by far the greatest
bass player of all time, and did lots of great songs with the who. But
most people forget about that. John's my favourit member of the who, not
just musically, but as a person. And let's not forget he's the guy who
holds the Who together...

Lucas Bleicher