Re: Zeppelin

Ryan, re:

>>first of all, I think it is pretty well established in rock history that Page
did play on those Kinks records,<<

Are you insinuating that Page SOLELY played on these records, or that he
overdubbed rhythm tracks?  If it's the former, I've heard both Ray Davies and
Shel Talmy refute this...  Much like on "Can't Explain," Page was brought in to
add a twelve-string rhythm track to the Kinks first record.

>>and as for Jeff Beck, he was't to happy when Page replaced him in the
Yardbirds (Beck was fired for missing shows) The fact that the release of Led
Zep I totally blew the Jeff Beck Group off the face of the earth didn't help
either.<<

If this is a roundabout way of saying that Page was better than Beck?  If so,
why was the Beck-led Yardbirds better received than the Page-led Yardbirds?

I think Rod Stewart and Ron Wood leaving JBG to join the previously-known-as
Small Faces had a lot more to do with the JBG being "blown off the face of the
earth," whatever that means.  Jeff Beck Group, Mach II reappeared with Bob Tench
on vocals, so it wasn't blown off the face of the earth...

JGraham